Monday, October 17, 2011

Week of October 17th

Your child will be bringing home a yellow sheet today about our upcoming field trip to the Iowa Children's Museum. The trip is scheduled for Monday, November 7th. We would like these yellow sheets returned to school by Friday, October 21st.

This sheet is where you will indicate whether your child will need a school sack lunch or will be bringing their own lunch from home. If you choose to send a lunch from home then I will give you a paper bag to put their lunch in on the day of the field trip. We also ask that everything included in the bag can be thrown away so we do not have to keep track of silverware, cups, etc.

On this sheet you will also be able to indicate if you are interested in coming along to help with our field trip. Parents that come along are asked to take responsibility for one of the classroom groups (6-7 students) during free play time, and for leading the activities when in the Notion of Motion exhibit. All parents are given instructions for what to do by the museum staff. Parents who come along will also need to bring a lunch if they would like to eat with our class. If you would like me to provide a paper bag for you, please let me know.

I also want to let you know that I will be gone from school this week on Tuesday and Thursday. I will have access to my email, but please understand that I may not get back to you quite as quickly as usual. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Important Dates for this Week:
Homework: 3.2 on Wednesday, 3.3 on Thursday
Library and Check-Out: Tuesday
Spanish: Wednesday